Monday, November 27, 2006

God still speaks today! Are you listening?

I am blessed.
I am renewed in my relationship with God right now. I don't know about anyone else- but I am very easily "religious". What I mean by that is that I can easily boil my relationship with God down,falsely, to a ritual of routines. I find it easy to forget that I am in a relationship with a living God- who can and will communicate personally with me.
(I was reminded of this probably most explicitly by Chuck Maher of Grace Harvest Church who came to talk to our group about listening to God.)

I don't know about you- but I can even tend to forget who I am praying to. It becomes a language of familiarity- God help me to get through today- or help me with my responsibilities or thank you for such and such. It kind of took me back afresh thinking that God can and will speak to me (and you!). God actually listens to our prayers. He know what we are asking even before we ask the Scriptures tell us. He is also in the business of speaking to us to affirm us and encourage us- (and sometimes to correct us too!)What an awesome God we serve- how blessed we are to serve Him.

Most recently Jesus has spoken to me "Trust me".
This seems like a fairly warm and fuzzy message on the surface- yet underneath as I ponder it- it is a life changing one. Jesus is asking me to trust him- not only with the easy stuff or stuff I already do trust him with- but in all areas of my life- even those where I need to be free- in areas of my life and heart where I hold fear or mistrust. Anywhere in my heart where I hold on to posessions or sin as a way to meet my needs instead of Jesus is what he is asking me to trust Him.
What I found has had the most impact on me through these two words: is who it is that is speaking them. Jesus Christ- King of Kings, Almighty God, - humble servant who loves me. I know that what he wants and plans for me is the very best for me- and to make me more like him and to be a light in this dark world- he is now challenging and calling lovingly for me to walk Him and only Him. Fully; completely. I am ready to take new steps Jesus- help me overcome my unbelief!

Are you trusting Him with every part of your heart? With every part of your mind? With all your strength? plans? everything?

5 comments:

Jen said...

Come on Jesus! Challenge those thoughts Jon, unbelief, doubt.. challenge them. They can't stand compared to the Truth. Oh dear!

Karen said...

JON! i did my co-op interview! i am able to do it with you! that is gonna be a blast...!!! we are gonna do a bunch of things...oh man im so excited!

Thespian Talent said...

I miss ya big guy, i'll be back to Youth somtime soon, and my arrival will be awsome, I'll bring streamers and like, total amounts of strobe lights.

Keep on prayin.

(add this blog ^_^)

Anonymous said...

check it out...I've deleted my old blog and made a new one with a new perspective.

www.desertthirst.blogspot.com

Hodge said...

Congradulations on the baby boy!!!!you should put some pictures of the little guy on here.