Thursday, October 05, 2006

Blessed to have my boy, Elijah.

My relationship with my 2 year old son is one of my favorite relationships I have ever had. He blesses my socks off. I did not see him much during the day today as I was working with David at Stone trying to get a 2 minute shot of video for the short documentary we are making about Stone Church. -we need a lot of reno's done to the stone walls that hold up the building. - Elijah and Kristen picked me up at 4pm. I had another appointment at 5pm so we waited uptown for that. Then I had to finish my appointment. Next I went out to my athletic class for the week till 8pm. I came home early to spend time with Elijah. It took 2 hours for him to fall asleep. He told me all about his day, we ate popcorn on the couch. We watched Blues Clues- which I love. It is not like some children's shows on T.V. where the characters are so overly fake happy that I want to smack them- Blues Clues is actually entertaining. I also know all the answers which makes me feel smart. Anywho- We put all of the teddy bears on the potty as it our ritual. We sometimes make them have gas. (Hey- this is part of learning what happens on the potty- I am going for realism.) Then we have hugs. We went to the rocking chair. Then back to the bed. We looked for the moon. We examine the things on the wall of his room. We wondered where "mommy is". "Where is Mommy is?" is how he puts is. Then we have more hugs... then more hugs. We pray also.

I love my relationship with Elijah for tons of reasons. It is the only relationship in my life where I am expected to burst into song at any given moment. "sing, Daddy". It is also the only relationhip in my life where I could get a small finger put into my ear with out notice or warning. Fingers in my ears, fingers in my nose or mouth can be expected... even anticipated. Fingers sometimes contain bits of food that were rejected by the mouth they are connected to... SURPRISE!"

God has given me a wonderful gift in my Son. God give me the wisdom to best care for and raise him. Give us your strength, wisdom, and tenderness. In Jesus name, Amen.

4 comments:

gray said...

That's beautiful. Thanks for sharing that with the blog-o-shere.

Jen said...

Oh dear. haha. You know, you're reminding me of Elijah more and more everyday :P haha

p.s- I totally got Paul Ranson with some whipped cream, right in the eye the other day.. he like.. totally didn't see it coming. so, as my youth leader, you must do battle with this scallywag of one! muahaha. I have caused war between the Stone church and the GB youth by a simple desert "malfunction".. Muahahaha. :P

Kristen said...

Elijah just put his nose in my ear as I was reading this...and then asked to watch Blue's Clues

Eli said...

Jonathan! I just stumbled upon this blog and I'm glad I did! I hope all is well with you and your family and that the Lord is blessing you. Have you seen my site yet? www.timothyministry.com

God bless you brother! Miss you a lot.
All for Christ's glory,
-Eli