Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My Hands Are Bananas

Jill Chapman if you read this post- you need to click on this link. You will like this!



This is not spiritual or wildly contemplative. This is just silly- weird- rare and random. Elijah and I discovered it one day as we were watching one of his favorite video's New Numa - www.newnuma.com

I however am reflecting on why I like this video so much. It is random and stupid. It does not require deep thought. It does not wrench my heart. It is not a weight upon my shoulders. I don't know about you... but I get weighed down by that which is wrong with the world. I want to weep for those who weep. I can't help but be affected by the news stories I hear everyday. I take them home with me and reflect upon them. I can't help but feel for people. It could cause one to be in a constant state of mourning. Is this what Jesus meant when he instructed us to mourn with those who mourn? But then when do we stop? We could constantly discover new sorrows so that our entire existence is mourning and weeping with people. Part of me lashes out when I get like this...(though it is good to have a soft heart) I like this video as - although it defies those who think my blog ought to be - religious or serious all the time- this video is neither negative nor about hurting people (my apologies to any "milky pirates" out there.) I rejoice in humor that is just fun or silly. I wish more of the humor in this world were more like this and less insulting or attacking.

3 comments:

Chris Burke said...

how did you make your blog archives use drop down menus????

Hodge said...

great post jonathan!And yes that clip is hilarious!

Jen said...

That's creepy, eh?